Cox & Kings sells stakes in LateRooms and Superbreak

UK-based Malvern Enterprises has purchased LateRooms for GBP20 million
Malvern Enterprises has purchased LateRooms for GBP20 million

India’s Cox & Kings has sold its entire 100% stakes in UK-based booking site LateRooms and short-break operator Superbreak.

UK-based Malvern Enterprises has purchased LateRooms from Cox & Kings for GBP20 million (US$28.4m), while Superbreak has been bought by Malvern from the Indian company’s subsidiary, Holidaybreak, for GBP9.25m.

And as part of the deal, Cox & Kings has taken a 49% stake in Malvern for GBP6.37m. The remaining 51% stake in Malvern is held by a European private equity company.

All three transactions are effective immediately and Mumbai-based Cox & Kings said the proceeds from the sales will be used to pay off its debts.

In a statement, Cox & Kings said the transaction will enable Malvern to “independently follow its own strategic growth path in the underpenetrated city-breaks market within the online package-tour space”.

You might also like

Comments are closed.

X
GET THE LATEST TRAVEL INDUSTRY NEWS, JOBS AND EVENTS STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
Join over 180,000 travel agents, professionals and executives subscribed to our daily newsletter.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Close
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!