Business Development Manager – German MarketBuffalo Tours
Buffalo Tours was founded by a young medical student named Tran Trong Kien giving tours around Vietnam to pay his school bills. Twenty four years later we have evolved into an extremely successful and trusted multinational company that operates in eleven destinations throughout Asia including Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Myanmar, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia and Japan – with sales offices in the United Kingdom, the United States and Australia. We excel in showing our clients an authentic experience of Asia by connecting them with local people, communities and cultures. We hold principals of responsible tourism at our core. Working closely and cooperatively with communities, local governments and NGOs, we operate several responsible tourism programmes with a strong focus on social enterprise.
If you are successful, you will find out that working with Buffalo Tours more than just a job. We are family. We offer exciting career progression, including global career opportunities and fantastic and supportive team culture and social events that are the envy of the industry.
About the Opportunity
This role requires assisting the UK sales office in the acquisition of new customers and selling additional products, services and destinations to existing ones. You will be responsible for the sales to the German Market for Buffalo Tours in all 11 destinations. You will be an integral part to our team – which ultimately aims to drive customers to discover and travel with Buffalo time and time again.
As a Business Development Manager you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Establishing relationships with new and current partners and building on key relationships
- Sourcing, approaching and winning new business opportunities within the German and European travel marketplace
- Delivering a programme of planned activity, sales calls, training and promotional activity as defined by yearly sales targets and annual marketing plans
- Researching and developing pricing and product strategies suitable to specific markets and new business opportunities for Buffalo Tours
- Analysing sales figures and suggesting suitable strategies for growth
- Planning schedules and attending trade shows
- Bachelor degree. Degree in tourism and hospitality is an advantage
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Sales
- Experience working in the German and European tourism market
- Fluent in written and spoken German and English – Other European Languages are an advantage
- Ability to travel on a monthly basis through Europe, while based in the London office
- Personally, aligned with Buffalo Tours values
- Willing to travel at least 1 week per month
- High attention to details & strong time/priority management skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills across culture
- Flexible and able to work odd hours, with uncertainties/changing priorities and under pressure
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary package
- Discounted travel benefits
- Great training opportunities
- Supportive environment to grow and thrive
If you think you are the right person for the job, apply today! By joining the team, you will discover first hand our passion at creating unforgettable experiences unique to every guest.
Address: City of London, Germany - Berlin