Global Director of Sales – LondonTravel Experience Network
Global Director of Sales (DOS)
Sales/ Senior Management
Reports directly to:
Managing Director (MD)
Montvale NJ, USA or
GMs of sales offices in Americas, UK and Asia Pacific plus regional
Account Management teams
Date Job Description issued:
21 June 2019
As an experienced commercial business leader and people motivator, the DOS will be the face of DMC globally and will oversee business development and work in conjunction with the Senior Leadership team as well as the Global Marketing and Global Product teams.
The role of the DOS is to create & drive the strategic sales plan for Discova to deliver revenue growth, market-share gains and profitability in accordance with agreed sales budgets. You will lead the Sales and Account Management teams in acquiring new Leisure, MICE and Educational Travel (ET) business, whilst retaining and growing existing accounts, ensuring our products and services are marketed in a compelling and profitable way. You will lead by example by achieving personal sales targets as the strategic BDM on key accounts.
Leading a winning sales team
business revenue transacted
P&L of sales
TTV % growth
Product & Marketing collaboration
One Best Way process
100% utilization of Salesforce
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous success in an executive/senior managerial role(s) – Minimum 5 years Senior Global Sales
- Experience leading virtual teams across a variety of cultures would be highly regarded.
- A strong commercial leader, team motivator and communicator of overall plans and visions
- Ability to be highly creative whilst driving a results focus
- Knowledge of the DMC industry, the travel agent landscape in various source markets
- Proficient in using technology and working with software applications such as MS Office & Salesforce
SKILL AND ATTRIBUTES
- A leader with Integrity, ensuring transparency and clarity across the sales businesses
- Take ownership for successes and failures
- Personal leadership – a self-starter able to work independently and as part of a team, leads by example
- Strong business and commercial acumen with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Customer centric with a focus on delivering an excellent customer experience
- Excellent communicator – fosters active listening and open communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high degree of EQ
- Strong presentation skills with fluency in verbal and written English
- Demonstrated ability to nurture and develop others, empowering them to act
- Ability to travel as and when the role requires, and to work flexibly outside regular office hours as and when required
Discova is a global in-country experiences travel concierge, a merger of Buffalo Tours Asia and Olympus Tours Americas DMC’s delivery on ground solutions for our business partners and their travelers needs. Discova operates across 28 cities throughout Asia, Mexico, Latin America, and the Caribbean, creating a comprehensive destination management entity with global reach. Visit www.discova.com for more information and contact details.
After starting with one shop in the early 1980s, Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG) (ASX:FLT), has enjoyed remarkable growth to become a $20 billion business consisting of more than 30 brands. One of the world’s largest travel agency groups, it has company-owned operations in 23 countries and a corporate travel management network that spans more than 90 countries. FCTG was listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in 1995 (ASX: FLT). Flight Centre Travel Group employs more than 20,000 people globally and has a total of almost 2800 businesses.
Address: New Malden