G Adventures has rebranded its ‘Yolo’ programme of tours for younger travellers to ‘18-to-Thirtysomethings’.
The refresh is being made to make it clear to customers that these trips are designed for travellers aged between 18 and 39 years old.
At the same time, the small group adventure operator is announcing eight new trips for this demographic, including a Thai Full Moon Party experience and newly designed trips in Japan, the Philippines, Laos and Indonesia.
Brian Young, managing director, G Adventures, says the new branding makes it more transparent to travellers what kind of trip they are looking to purchase.
“We’ve had a lot of fun with the Yolo brand and being part of the zeitgeist, but as a customer-oriented organisation we want to make things easier for our travellers and our agent partners. 18-to-Thirtysomethings makes it clear what is being sold.
“We’re also thrilled to expand our 18-to-Thirtysomethings offering in Asia, as it is the biggest market for our younger UK travellers. Thailand is still the number one place to go, followed by India, the USA and Vietnam,” says Young.
The youth market is a growing segment of G Adventures’ business globally. Since its launch in 2012, the 18-39 age bracket has seen increased global passenger growth of more than 85%, outpacing the small-group tour operator’s eight other travel styles.
“Travel is no longer a luxury for younger people; it’s a right. They are factoring travel spend into their budgets. And just like they want to share experiences online, they want to share their travel experiences in real life, and want to do so in a meaningful way.
“A small-group tour gives them safety and flexibility, as well as the local and social connections they are looking for from their travel choices,” says Young.
All 185 tours in G Adventures’ refreshed 18-to-Thirtysomethings portfolio are from less than one week to more than nine weeks long, and are designed to be fun-filled and fast-paced.
Branded on-trip experiences such as a “Big Night Out” are included for travellers who want to party with people of a similar age after a full day of adventure. As with all G Adventures trips, tours provide locally-owned accommodation, authentic cultural experiences and a local Chief Experience Officer (CEO).
New 18-to-Thirtysomethings trips for 2018 include:
· Thailand Full Moon Party- An all-night dance party that takes place each month in Kho Phangan. Experience bustling Bangkok, enjoy nature at Khao Sok National Park, relax on the beaches of Koh Samui and Koh Tao, tour Cheow Lan Lake by longtail boat, and stop at a floating rafthouse for a delicious local lunch. Priced from £599pp for an eight-day trip from Bangkok to Ko Pha Ngan.
· Japan on a Shoestring –Get a taste of both old and new Japan with this six-day tour. The itinerary includes the country’s most iconic cities. Experience Tokyo’s city centre and the countryside of Takayama. And don’t forget Kyoto, a city of peaceful gardens and stunning temples. Priced from £899pp for a six-day trip from Tokyo to Kyoto.
· Islands of the Philippines on a Shoestring – Roam Bohol’s Chocolate Hills, snorkel with whale sharks (if the season is right), roam through Manila and historic Cebu, visit Siquijor and Boracay. Priced from £1,199pp for a 10-day trip from Manila to Boracay Island.
· Laos on a Shoestring – Start this nine-day tour in Vientiane and head south to Chiang Mai. Priced from £519pp for a nine-day trip from Vientiane to Chiang Mai.
· Indonesia Adventure – Java & Bali. This three-week tour that takes you from the centre of Jakarta to the leisurely vibes of Ubud on Bali. Priced from £1,649pp for a 21-day trip from Jakarta to Gili Trawangan.