Travelport expands in payment sector

Travelport will now hold a 73% stake in eNett International
Travelport will now hold a 73% stake in eNett International

Travelport has expanded into the travel payment sector with the acquisition of a greater stake in eNett International.

The travel technology company already held a 57% stake in eNett – its joint venture payment services company. And it has now agreed to boost this interest to 73%, following a new US$450 million deal with its joint venture partner PSP International. PSP will continue to hold the remaining 27% stake in the business.

Gordon Wilson, Travelport’s president & CEO, said the deal marked the continuation of the company’s ‘Beyond Air’ strategy, which is seeing the company move into new areas outside the airline sector.

“eNett is a significant element in realising Travelport’s goal to redefine travel commerce,” said Wilson. “Travelport felt that the time is right to own more of this growing business and this deal provides the opportunity for the two shareholders in eNett to play to their respective strengths.”

eNett offers travel payment services using MasterCard Virtual Account Numbers (VANs). These are intended offer greater protection from fraud than standard credit card numbers, as well as improving overall payment, reconciliation and tracking processes.

Under the joint venture, PSP offers banking expertise while Travelport provides connections to a global network of travel agency and travel product suppliers.

“Following the signing of a significant multi-year extension of our partnership with MasterCard announced last month, this new agreement allows eNett to further leverage the expertise of its respective shareholders as it continues to expand into other markets and verticals around the world,” said Anthony Hynes, eNett’s managing director & CEO.

You might also like

Comments are closed.

X
GET THE LATEST TRAVEL INDUSTRY NEWS, JOBS AND EVENTS STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
Join over 180,000 travel agents, professionals and executives subscribed to our daily newsletter.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Close