Triptease has today announced the launch of the Hotel Heroes, bringing expert voices from across the hotel industry together to educate and empower hoteliers of all levels. Members include leading executives from Best Western, Starwood, Wyndham, Sands, Deutsche Hospitality and more.
The Heroes’ inaugural event will be a webinar hosted by Triptease on 28 May, followed by keynote talks from individual members at the Direct Booking Summit in Paris on 12 June. The Heroes will also regularly feature on the Triptease Content Hub in the form of articles, interviews, and Q&A sessions with hoteliers.
“Working in tandem to make our industry stronger”
Inderpreet Banga, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, said: “I’m excited to assist the industry with best practice and ensure that all hoteliers – both branded and independent – are working in tandem to make our industry stronger and more resilient than ever before.”
The Hotel Heroes have come together to push the industry forward and sometimes even call for radical change in how hoteliers approach their distribution, their marketing, or their organisational structure. By sharing real-life experience alongside practical, implementable advice, the Heroes hope to facilitate important change in the groups and independents that are struggling to achieve their direct booking goals.
Founding members of the Hotel Heroes include:
- Rob Paterson, CEO, Best Western GB
- Joe Pettigrew, director of revenue maximisation, Europe Hotels at Starwood Capital Group
- Inderpreet Banga, VP channel and distribution strategy, Wyndham Hotels and Resorts
- Dr Jan Sammeck, director of e-commerce, Deutsche Hospitality
- Katherine Solomon, corporate director of revenue management, Arlo Hotels
- Justyn Hornor, senior product manager, Las Vegas Sands
- Blessy Townes, VP and head of digital, Discovery Hospitality
- Pelayo Pando, director of business development for e-commerce, NH Hotel Group
- Nicolas Durand, senior director global distribution, Jumeirah Hotel Group
- Ludovic Cacciapaglia, assistant vice president distribution, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts.
Sammeck added: “I’m looking forward to collaborating and exchanging with the leading minds of the hospitality industry to distribute knowledge amongst hoteliers.”
With specialisms as diverse as digital transformation, search engine marketing, commercial strategy and revenue management, the Heroes combined form a wide-ranging panel of experience and ideas.
“I’m excited to take part in creating a constructive forum where we share ideas on making the entire travel industry better for our guests,” added Pettigrew.
“Meaningful experiences in people’s lives”
Hornor agreed: “As a nerd who’s been involved in multiple industries that have undergone digital transformations, I’m very excited to be a part of empowering the hospitality industry to make that same leap. As hoteliers we play such a unique role in creating meaningful experiences in people’s lives. As we transition from siloed systems to open stacks, we’ll see innovation happen at a rapid pace – and that’s a thrilling time and place to be.”
What to expect
The Hotel Heroes will be publishing articles, participating in webinars and hosting live panel discussions throughout the year. The first of these is a webinar debate: 3 Reasons Why Hotels Must Change Their Approach to Distribution, taking place on 28 May at 4pm BST. Registration is available here.
Speakers include Triptease’s founder and chief tease Charlie Osmond, Joe Pettigrew of Starwood, Justyn Hornor of Las Vegas Sands and Inderpreet Banga of Wyndham Hotels and Resorts. The Hotel Heroes will also be speaking at the Direct Booking Summit, taking place in Paris on 12-13 June.
In addition to articles, webinars and events, each month the Hotel Heroes will be responding to questions from Triptease’s audience with advice drawn from their experience and expertise. Anyone can submit a question and have it answered by a Hotel Hero.
Over the coming weeks and months, the Heroes will be releasing exclusive articles on the following topics:
- Google and the future of online travel
- Is the ‘direct booking movement’ still relevant in 2019?
- New approaches to wholesale distribution
- The problem of conversion attribution
- What makes a great technology partner for a hotel?
- Metasearch: Option or necessity?
- Deep-dive into revenue management
- Best practices for hotel website UX
- How to remove tech siloes from your organization
- Building budgets at your hotel