Vistara to launch on 9 January

Singapore Airlines‘ new Indian venture, Vistara, will take to the skies for the first time on 9 January 2015, it has been confirmed.

Vistara’s website is now live
Vistara’s website is now live

The airline last week secured its Air Operator’s Permit, after a protracted regulatory process. And with bookings having now gone live, the airline is finally ready to launch its first flight.

Initially, Vistara will launch two routes from Delhi, connecting to Mumbai and Ahmedabad, using its fleet Airbus A320s. These jets will offer 148 seats in three classes, with 16 in business class, 36 in premium economy and 96 in economy.

Passengers will also be invited to join Vistara’s new frequent flyer programme, ‘Club Vistara’.

“I am very excited as this day is the culmination of many months of hard work. The activation of distribution channels is our first interface with our customer and with this, we embark on a journey to fulfill our brand promise of seamless travel experience,” said Phee Teik Yeoh, CEO of Vistara.

“I would like to especially thank our partners for helping us put our best foot forward and most importantly the members of Vistara team for their diligence and resolve all this while.”

Vistara fares will be bookable online, via the GDS (Abacus, Amadeus and Travelport) and by phone, using the airline’s 24/7 customer service centre.

As well as Mumbai and Ahmedabad, plans submitted by Vistara to India’s aviation authorities detail the airline’s intention to fly to Goa, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Jammu, Srinagar, Patna and Chandigarh in its first year of operations.

Vistara is 51% owned by Tata Sons, with SIA holding the remaining 49%.

You might also like

Comments are closed.

Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time