In celebration of British Airways’ year-round, nonstop flight from London to Pittsburgh, setting off on its first journey from London Heathrow at 16:10 today (Tuesday 2 April), VisitPITTSBURGH hosted a launch event on the evening of 1 April, at The Deck at The National Theatre, London.
Flight BA171, starting today (2 April) will operate four times weekly, departing from London Heathrow on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, using the airline’s newest aircraft, the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner. Return flights are available from £418 on ba.com.
Eight guest spokes during the evening. They were, in order of appearance:
- Rich Fitzgerald – Allegheny County executive
- Dennis Davin – secretary, Department of Communications and Economic Development, PA
- Christina Cassotis – CEO, Pittsburgh International Airport
- Kevin Kramer – chief commercial and marketing officer, ATI
- Arthur Pang – government affairs and PPG manager, PPG
- Chris Rankin – head of consumer sales, British Airways
- Craig Davis – CEO, VisitPITTSBURGH
- Jack Cohen – president, Butler County Tourism and Convention Bureau
- Stefani Pashman – CEO, Allegheny Conference
In celebration of the inaugural, VisitPITTSBURGH gave away a four-night stay in Pittsburgh, with 2 x Club World seats with British Airways. Sarah Arnold, Dial a Flight, took home the prize.