Steigenberger to launch in India following joint venture

Photo by Bastian Kienitz
Photo by Bastian Kienitz

Steigenberger, the German hotel group, will launch its first properties in India following the formation of a new joint venture.

The company has teamed up with MBD Group for the formation of ‘MBD Steigenberger’, which is now targeting approximately 20 hotels in India over the next 15 years. MBD will own a 51% stake in the joint venture and Steigenberger will hold the remaining 49%.

MBD Group will be in charge of the management side of the business, including hotel operations, marketing, pre-opening and post-opening assistance, while Steigenberger will provide international sales and marketing support, training and brand standards.

The initial flagship hotel under the joint venture will be the MBD Zephyr Bangalore, an MBD Steigenberger Hotel, which will offer 184 rooms and 118 serviced apartments. Future properties are expected to rise in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Goa, Kolkata, Pune and Indore.

“We are extremely proud to announce our association with Steigenberger Hotel Group. The association will ensure that German excellence joins hands with the warmth of Indian hospitality providing the next level experience to our guests across the country,” said Sonica Malhotra, managing director of MBD Steigenberger and joint MD of the MBD Group.

Steigenberger Hotel Group’s CEO, Puneet Chhatwal commented; “This is an important milestone in our history of international growth. As a company with German roots, Steigenberger Hotel Group enjoys a good reputation worldwide. We are very excited to bring our hospitality to the Indian market.”

Steigenberger currently operates multiple properties under its Steigenberger, InterCity Hotels and Jaz brand in Europe, the Middle East and China.

You might also like

Comments are closed.

Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Close