Vistara embarks on new era of Indian aviation

Vistara will operate a fleet of Airbus A320s
Vistara will operate a fleet of Airbus A320s

Singapore Airlines‘ new Indian carrier, Vistara, launches its first flights today.

The Delhi-based full-service carrier will commence services from the Indian capital to Mumbai and Ahmedabad on Friday 9 January, using its fleet of 148-seat, three-class Airbus A320 aircraft.

In an effort to differentiate itself from its Indian rivals, Vistara is offering a range of customer service initiatives, including a wide range of in-flight meal options, “hassle-free check-in and boarding process” and a frequent flyer programme tied up with Taj Hotels.

Ahead of the airline’s launch, Vistara this week confirmed a full-content agreement with Amadeus, allowing travel agents to book its flights via the GDS. It also has distribution deals with Abacus and Travelport.

As well as Mumbai and Ahmedabad, plans submitted by Vistara to India’s aviation authorities detail the airline’s intention to fly to Goa, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Jammu, Srinagar, Patna and Chandigarh in its first year of operations.

Vistara is 51% owned by Tata Sons, with SIA holding the remaining 49%.

You might also like

Comments are closed.

Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time