ACT Global Sales AssociateACTE Global | Association of Corporate Travel Executives
08 Mar 2019
The Sales Associate, Global Business Development is focused on supporting the achievement of ACTE’s business development strategies and goals by generating sponsorship revenue from both new and existing sponsors. The Sales Associate will work with the Senior Director, Global Business Development to identify, cultivate, and develop leads and prospects, tailor proposals, negotiate contracts, close deals, and provide on-going relationship management. The Sales Associate will work closely with the sales and business development teams to assist them in the achievement of their sponsorship goals. In addition, the Sales Associate is responsible for meeting sponsorship sales targets, maintaining sponsorship retention and satisfaction, and for growing new sales into long term rewarding relationships.
- Meet or exceed sponsorship sales budget including targets for individual events (conferences, InterACTE, forums, partner events, etc., and sponsor retention and satisfaction goals.
- Research companies that should be involved with ACTE and develop a continuous pipeline of leads to generate new business opportunities.
- Generate new sales leads and growth through referrals, cold-calling and market research, and maintaining a network database of contacts.
- Work closely with sponsors to have a clear understanding of their business needs.
- Create and present sponsor benefit proposals and provide consultative solutions to meet business needs and close opportunities by working in coordination with ACTE Director of Research and education team and leadership.
- Maintain a strong customer service focus and operational excellence to assure thorough delivery of sponsorship deliverables and a high sponsor satisfaction level. Ensure accurate preparation of contractual agreements for sponsors and timely collection of payments.
- Maintain accurate records on contacts opportunities and contracts, and work in conjunction with Account Manager to maintain up to date database(s).
- Produce regular activity/contact reports and revenue pipeline estimates as requested.
- Communicate and meet regularly with assigned sponsors and partners and assist other business development team members/regions in negotiating and closing deals.
- Ability to generate a pipeline of leads and follow through on leads
- Effective time management skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal, listening, and people skills.
- Experience with building and maintaining relationships.
- Strong oral and written communication skills that can be tailored to internal and external audiences.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Computer literacy with strong hands-on capability in Microsoft Office, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, database and/or customer relationship management tools.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
- At least 1-5 year(s) of sales experience.
- A minimum of 1 year project management and/or business development experience is a plus.
This job operates in a professional office environment, as well as remote access. This position can regularly require long hours and occasional weekend work. Travel may include some out-of-the-area trips, especially if attending ACTE events around the world and overnight travel may be expected.
The physical demands to successfully perform the essential functions of this position regularly require listening and talking. The position also requires frequent standing, walking, and use of hands or finger to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirement with the job title “Sales Associate” in the subject line of your email.
Address: Washington Metropolitan Area, USA
Benefits & Perks
About The Company
526 King Street, Alexandria, VA, USA
10 to 50 employees
The Association of Corporate Travel Executives (ACTE) has a 30-year reputation for leading the way corporate travel is conducted. As a global association, comprised of executive-level members in more than 100 countries, ACTE pioneers educational and technological advances that make business travel productive, cost-effective and straightforward. ACTE advocacy and initiatives continue to support impactful changes in, safety and security, privacy, duty of care and compliance along with traveler productivity that supports global commerce.