Do you want to make Travel Better? We do too! At Travel Daily Media, we’re bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich, engaging and informative content for travel industry professionals. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission – to inform, entertain and connect professionals in the global travel industry.
Based in the Philippines or Bangkok, The Native Content Editor is in charge of seeking out news exclusive to Travel Daily Media. He/she takes a lead in news gathering and exemplifying the key components of a Travel Daily Media writer: decisive, informed and opinionated. Additional video hosting and video series duties are a part of this role. The Editor will also be doing on the ground reporting, on stage and on camera interviews at conferences and editorial work as well as video coverage of regional startups.
• Coordinate online and manage content areas
• Provide exceptional, informative and engaging content. Plan the contents of publications according to the publication’s style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements
• Suggest stories and generate headline ideas in alignment with targeted audience’s preferences
• Covering news events, interviewing investors and founders for potential stories and covering international news for companies like Ctrip, Expedia, Yatra, Agoda, Concur, Marriott, British Airways as well and National Tourism Boards.
• Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources
• Oversee layout (artwork, design, photography) and check content for accuracy and errors in order to meet quality and accuracy standards
• Monitor news-gathering operations to ensure utilization of all news sources, such as press releases, telephone contacts, wire services, and other reporters
• Network with others at industry events
• Understand and comply with media law and industry ethical guidelines
• Meet deadlines and budget requirements
• Native level English both verbal and written essential
• Proven working experience as an Native Content Editor
• Strong writing/editing/proofreading skills and an excellent portfolio
• Strong SEO long tail keyword research and usage.
• Hands on experience with publishing tools
• Proven familiarity with social media best practices
We are a fast-growing online community dedicated to informing, connecting, and developing the world’s travel industry professionals.
Founded in 2006, we have active subscriber bases and contributors in Asia, Europe, the USA, Middle East, China and India. Our audience is made up of travel professionals from across the industry with a focus on agencies, hospitality, aviation, cruise, MICE, and technology.
We write, edit and share stories via our website, online newsletters, digital guides and feature articles. Visit our website at https://www.traveldailymedia.com/