Malta Tourism Authority has added a new Bar Trail to its series of themed trails, which highlights the best destinations in Malta and Gozo.
Malta is a small, island country in the Mediterranean that comprises three main islands, Malta, Comino and Gozo. It has a rich history and culture that dates back over 7,000 years and is known for fortresses, temples and burial chambers. But its popularity doesn’t come only because of its past. Today, the capital city of Valletta has been named European Capital of Culture 2018, which draws a number of programmes, guides and cultural events.
One of which is Malta Tourism Authority’s new Bar Trail. Though the archipelago is mostly famous for its diving spots, its nightlife and music festival scene are attracting a younger demographic of adventurous travellers.
Malta Tourism Authority’s Bar Trail boasts an array of destination options including gin bars and pubs, establishments with live music, nightclubs, and wine bars. The Maltese archipelago is fast becoming a hub for the nightlife scene and the Bar Trail has been designed to act as the ultimate guide for travellers wanting to explore.
Bar Trail Highlights
- Yard 32 Gin & Tapas Bar in Valletta offers visitors the largest gin selection on the island; more than 180 different gins and more than 50 different selections of tapas in a Spanish atmosphere.
- Ġugar! Hangout and Bar was created by a group of friends with the main goal of creating a space for ‘good living’. On the bar which was built for the community, visitors can enjoy beverages while surrounded by pieces from emerging local artists.
- Cheeky Monkey Gastropub features DJs and entertainers accompanied by their menu of beer cocktails and food options.
- Hole in the Wall Bar & Pub is the oldest bar in Sliema, founded over 90 years ago. Known for its charm and character, the bar is an island institution visited by locals and travellers alike.
- Gleneagles Bar in Gozo provides views of the Mgarr Harbour, a frequented spot for viewing the Maltese sunset.
- Zeppi’s Pub was created specifically for music lovers. On this bar, which hosts live musicians, visitors can mix in with the locals to enjoy some drinks, have a dance, and join a casual open-for-all jam.