The Travel & Adventure Show Series has concluded its season with their last show having taken place in Dallas April 1-2. America’s Favorite Travel Shows took place in 8 cities including: New York, Chicago, Boston, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Dallas, Denver and Washington D.C.
The shows provided attendees with an abundance of new travel knowledge from hundreds of the top destinations and travel providers from around the world, as well as advice from leading travel experts including keynote speakers Rick Steves, Pauline Frommer, Samantha Brown, Peter Greenberg, Brian Kelly and Andrew McCarthy.
The series of shows this year saw an increase in attendance from past years as US travelers signaled they’re ready to book a trip for this year.
- The series commenced in Chicago at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center with headlining sponsor MSC Cruises. The show welcomed more than 16,500 attendees, 300 exhibitors and 500 travel trade and media members.
- The New York Travel & Adventure Show returned for its second year to the Javits Convention Center partnering with TravMedia’s IMM to create New York’s first “travel week” as the city welcomed thousands of travel professionals and enthusiasts. The show had over 21,500 attendees, over 350 exhibitors, 850 travel advisors, and over 3,000 travel trade and media members.
- With over a 50% increase in attendance from 2022, the Los Angeles Show located at the Los Angeles Convention Center and sponsored by Rick Steves’ Europe, welcomed more than 17,000 travel enthusiasts, more than 250 exhibitors, over 590 travel advisors and over 2,300 travel trade and media members.
- The Denver Travel & Adventure Show, sponsored by Go Touch Down Travel & Tours and Tourism Santa Fe, saw 11,000 attendees who had the opportunity to engage with over 200 exhibitors.
- Celebrating its 16th year, the Washington DC Travel & Adventure show held at the Washington Convention Center welcomed 16,000 attendees and had over 180 exhibitors. This event was sponsored by MSC Cruises, Barbados Tourism, and Go Touch Down Travel & Tours.
- The Atlanta Travel & Adventure Show at the Cobb Galleria Centre saw 7,000 attendees and over 150 exhibitors, with Visit Barbados coming in as the Major Sponsor for a weekend of travel planning, tips and deals.
- The Boston Travel & Adventure Show, sponsored by Turkish Airlines, Go Touch Down Travel & Tours, Visit Barbados and Cruise Planners at the Hynes Convention Center welcomed 8,900 attendees and had over 125 exhibitors present.
- The Dallas Travel & Adventure show was held at the Dallas Market Hall and sponsored by the Florida Keys and Key West, welcoming 8,000 attendees over the course of the weekend as the Travel & Adventure Show concluded its 2023 series.
“We’ve seen a large increase in not just the number of attendees this year across all our shows, but the quality of travelers that came to each event. Serious buyers proved that the desire for travel is stronger than ever amongst US consumers,” said John Golicz, CEO of Unicomm, LLC, who produces the Travel & Adventure Shows. “The shows have led the travel the industry back, with a record-breaking number of exhibitors signing up for the 2024 events.”
Show attendees engaged with destination representatives, tour operators and travel providers both domestically and from around the globe offering up travel ideas and inspiration. Attendees were even invited to take advantage of special deals and promotions on the spot to stretch their travel dollar and make their dream vacation a reality. This year exhibitors selling exclusive deals on the show floor saw spot selling out. To meet the demand from travelers, the Travel & Adventure Shows even brought in passport acceptance programs to several shows this year so that travelers could file passport applications and renewals on-site at the show, an initiative that proved to be popular amongst attendees as passport processing times have increased and local offices have booked up their passport appointments for months.
The Travel & Adventure Show has already released their calendar for the 2024 season which includes the addition of a new show to take place in Phoenix. The schedule of events for 2024 will be as follows:
- Chicago | January 13-14, 2024
- Denver | January 20-21, 2024
- New York | January 27-28, 2024
- Los Angeles | February 3-4, 2024
- Phoenix | February 17-18, 2024
- Washington DC | February 24-25, 2024
- Atlanta | March 9-10, 2024
- San Francisco/Bay Area | March 16-17, 2024
- Dallas | March 23-24, 2024