Fourteen more countries are added to the list of nationalities allowed to enter Laos under the Travel Green Zone Plan. The additional countries include:
- New Zealand
Travellers from these countries are allowed to travel to Laos under the reopening scheme under two zones, namely Green Travel Zones and Green Travel Trails.
Following the country’s announcement of their plans to re-open for fully vaccinated travellers starting 1st of January 2022. Here are the conditions set by Lao government which will be implemented in three phases following the reopening scheme under two zones, namely Green Travel Zones and Green Travel Trails.
01 January to 30 March 2022
01 April to 30 June 2022
01 July 2022 onwards
|Green Travel Zone||Vientiane Capital, Luang Prabang Provinceand Vang Vieng District in Vientiane Province.||Vientiane Capital, Vientiane Province, Luang Prabang, Oudomxay, Xayaboury, Xieng Khouang, Khammouane, Savannakhet, and Champasack||TBA|
|Green Travel Trails||Oudomxay, Xayaboury, Xieng Khouang, Khammouane, and Champasack.
|Houay Xay District in Bokeo Province, Luang Namtha Province, Sekong Province, and Salavanh Province||TBA|
- Travellers are required to have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 no less than 14 days prior to arrival.
- Negative RT-PCR test taken within the last 72 hours
- Health insurance policy with coverage no less than USD 50,000
- Travellers are required to download and register via the LaoKYCand the LaoStaySafe mobile applications prior to arriving in the country, as well as uploading their relevant vaccination certification and Covid-19 test results.
- Upon arrival travellers are required to be tested for Covid-19 and placed in a 24-hour quarantine in their hotel while waiting for the results.
Initial list of countries allowed to travel to the country during the first phase includes:
- China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Japan, France, United Kingdom, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, Italy, United States, Canada, and Australia.
International Points of Entry:
- During the initial phase, travellers may enter Laos by air via Wattay International Airport and by land across the First Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge in Vientiane Capital.
- Phase 2 will include Luang Prabang International Airport, Boten-Bohan border with China in Luang Namtha Province, the Third Friendship Bridge in Thakhek, the Second Friendship Bridge in Savannakhet, the Chongmek border in Pakse, the Lao Bao border with Vietnam in Savannakhet Province, and Nam Phao border (Luk Xao) with Vietnam in Bolikhamxay Province.