We are looking for a passionate, motivated and skilled Senior Full-Stack Engineer who further strengthens our team and helps us achieve and grow even more.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our dynamic fast-paced product management & engineering team with a customer-centric focus on what we do. We deliver quality, innovative digital solutions to delight our customers and achieve our strategic priorities. The Digital Commerce team makes the customer booking experience for Flights, Packages and Hotels seamless whilst giving a rich experience in viewing, searching for the perfect deal.
Our team based in Brisbane, and remote working, are looking for a Senior Full-Stack Engineer to design, build, test and release high quality software across front-end and backend systems. As part of the Digital Commerce team you will collaborate with our product & engineering teams and be part of one of our autonomous product teams for Flights and Packages. Above all, you will impact the way our global customers book their perfect flight and holiday experiences.
What You’ll Do
● Design, build efficient, testable and maintainable code with the right balance between solving the problem at hand and not over-engineering your solution.
● Own the quality of what we build, through testing, test automation and observability to ensure operational reliability and performance.
● Analyse business requirements and problem solve to create the right solutions for our customers ● Collaborate in our cross-functional Product Management and Engineering teams to plan and deliver high quality solutions in a fast-paced, agile environment
● Take initiative and always look for ways in improving the quality of our solutions, code bases, technical debt, standards, processes and best practices
● Lead by example and mentor to improve team members code quality, establish best practices and ensure good software design and architecture patterns
Who you are
● You have at least 5 years professional experience in software development, with recent experience a Full-Stack Engineer, delivering end-to-end experiences across front-end and backend
● You have proven experience in building user-friendly, responsive web applications for desktop and mobile
● You have proven experience in designing, building high traffic reliable and performant software in Java/Node.js
● You’re passionate about software engineering best practices and know what it means to ship high-quality code that is maintainable and extendable
● You are a highly collaborative team-player who thrives in a team environment without being adversarial and can also work independently
● You have a growth mindset, embracing challenges to continuously improve and innovate
At Flight Centre, our vision is to open up the world for those who want to see and in digital commerce our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring digital experiences for our customers. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation, and are supported to make incredible ideas a reality.
Located conveniently in the heart of Southbank and the upcoming precinct for travel in Brisbane, Flight Centre Travel Group are fast growing market share and presence in a competitive world of digital travel. We work with some of the biggest flight and travel suppliers in the world to bring the widest and best product range to our customers’ fingertips and bring travel to life.
We work autonomously from anywhere and work collaboratively online or in the office to achieve our team goals.
About the benefits:
Exceptional remuneration package – Depending on experience
Travel discounts, health and wellness discounts
Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
Awards nights, social events, and opportunity to attend global conference