Manager, Sales and Reservations – Thailand, Cambodia and LaosAbercrombie & Kent Thailand Ltd.
12 Oct 2018
This newly created position will lead a sales and reservations team looking after enquires from various markets around the globe. This position forms part of the senior management team. You will be responsible for managing one of the largest revenue generating departments in the business. This department is responsible for FIT enquiries for Thailand, Cambodia and Laos along with a selection of other Southeast Asian destinations. This position is based in Bangkok.
As a manager with experience in sales and reservations, you will need to be commercially savvy and to possess strong sales skills. You will be responsible for managing a team of direct reports and will need to have experience managing teams in a cross-cultural and fast paced environment. You will be committed to providing world class customer service.
You and your team will be the primary point of contact for travel agencies around the globe. You will have the ability to grow existing accounts while also winning new business. This position is required to oversee a team that designs and delivers travel programs that are creative, highly personalized, and in the style and comfort that A&K is known for. You will be capable in overseeing the entire process from enquiry through to quotation and operation, supporting a team throughout.
In addition, you will be required to work efficiently and effectively with suppliers around the
region including hotels via face to face meetings, email and phone communications. The role
may require infrequent regional travel to inspect existing product and to meet with existing
suppliers. You may be required to travel internationally for various sales trips.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the travel industry, a genuine passion for their work, and will be commercially minded. As a service business our people are our greatest asset and strong interpersonal skills are a must.
• Own the inside sales and reservation strategy for our FIT business in A&K Thailand, Cambodia and Laos.
• Foster a strong sales culture and provide training in this area.
• Ability to build and manage a small team of direct reports.
• Customer relationship management, growing existing accounts while winning new
• Oversee the design and delivery of FIT business – everything from enquiry through to
• Develop creative and inspiring itineraries, programs and products.
• Negotiation and cooperation with a range of suppliers across the region.
• Take a commercial management approach, running the department like a business within
a business growing revenue in a strategic manner.
• Contribute to the culture and workplace environment in a positive way
• A Passion for transformative travel and Southeast Asia
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a management role in a travel or tourism business with
experience in Sales or Consulting
• Proven track record of managing a department successfully and building a business unit
• Experience managing people in a cross-cultural environment
• Skills required to work directly with agents and travellers around the world on high end
bookings and requests
• Motivational spirit and ability to foster a strong sales culture within the department
• Local knowledge – a good understanding of the region, destinations and products
• Solid experience in procurement processes, negotiations and contracting, data analysis
and customer relationship management
• Financial awareness including business acumen and profit awareness
• Expertise in Travel Studio or other similar travel industry software preferred but not a
• Ability to effectively communicate and sell to both internal and external stakeholders
• Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines while delivering high quality results
• Strong planning and organisational skills, including the ability to work independently,
prioritise activities, meet commitments, and proactively manage time
• Ability to be creative, strategic, analytical, and think outside the box to solve problems
• High level understanding of operational and logistical tactics
• Presentation and public speaking skills, with an ability to train consulting and sales teams
• Decisiveness, tough-mindedness and assertiveness
• High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and both verbal and written Communication
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills
• Excellent verbal and written English language skills, native or to an advanced level.
Additional languages a plus but not a requirement.
• University Degree (or minimum 5 years Management experience)
• Can represent the Abercrombie & Kent brand in the best light
• Flexibility to travel regionally and globally
• Positive attitude and motivated with an ability to work under pressure
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other
related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
This position is open to both Thai National and Foreigners
Salary will be based on previous professional experience
Benefits & Perks
About The Company
Travel Agent or Tour Operator
10 to 50 employees
Abercrombie & Kent is the world’s premiere luxury travel company operating globally for over 50
years with offices in Southeast Asia for the last three decades. The business is comprised of
international sales offices, destination management companies and a selection of wholly owned
properties and cruise ships. Bangkok operates as the head office for the region and is considered
one of the top DMCs in the region. The company strives to deliver world class travel experiences
with exclusive access in peerles...