Principal Program ManagerSabre Asia
03 Jun 2019
- The Sr. Principle Program Manager (Program Executive) is responsible for the delivery of our most complex, high-risk, very large, multi-side portfolio implementations and/or innovative solutions as well as oversight of smaller programs and projects often international in scope.
- Leads delivery teams, develops and maintains relationships with one of our key customers, including C-Level executives, being point of escalation.
- Ensures all projects are moving forward and that all components for successful delivery are in place.
- Coordinates resources and supports the development of project plan, resolves issues with regards to delays in project delivery and resource constraints.
- Advise senior executives of project status and pulse of the customer.
- Facilitates program level issues and change management resolution.
- Responsible for aligning the efforts of cross-functional teams to support the company’s strategic objectives.
- Manages ongoing work through governance structures, creating high level plans that provide guidance to projects where detailed plans are established.
- Drives alignment and adherence to standards and direction set by the organization.
- Removes barriers that prevent efficient execution of projects.
- Ensures that approved methods, processes and tools are consistently used across projects and programs, including change, issue, risk and quality management.
- Provides quality assurance.
- Supports initial proposals and sales pursuits, estimates program management effort, checks deal sheets, reviews contracts, and provides input into account plans.
- Supervises and/or develops and manages a program communication plan to include content, frequency, audience and channels.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred. Project/ program management certification required (PMP preferred).
- Minimum 15 years of experience in management consulting, working for a software vendor and/or in the travel industry.
- Minimum 10 years Project and Program Management experience managing complex software system implementations.
- Airline domain expertise is highly preferred.
- Working experience with any airline operation system is a strong advantage.
- Operational savvy.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Solid negotiator and facilitator.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Proficient with a project scheduling software tool – MS Project preferred.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin is a must.
- TRAVEL: Most of the work will be in mainland China but can also be global at times; travel is expected to be >50%
Address: Beijing, China
Benefits & Perks
About The Company
Sabre Corporation is the leading technology provider to the global travel industry. Sabre’s software, data, mobile and distribution solutions are used by hundreds of airlines and thousands of hotel properties to manage critical operations, including passenger and guest reservations, revenue management, flight, network and crew management. Sabre also operates a leading global travel marketplace, which processes more than US$120 billion of global travel spend annually by connecting travel buyers and suppliers. Headquartered in Southlake, Tex...