As the world celebrates the 50th anniversary of the moon landing, Hotels.com is offering discounted stays at ‘moon hotels’ across the globe.
Today, 16 July 2019 at 8:32 am Central Time – exactly fifty years to the minute since the historic launch of Apollo 11 – Hotels.com is launching a one-of-a-kind deal. For 11 minutes only, in honour of the inaugural moon mission, travellers can book rooms for 50% off at 11 properties offering some of the best stays in the Milky Way — from the luxe beaches of Jamaica to the bustling streets of London and Rome.
While NASA’s 52-million-dollar space travel price tag poses a problem for taking a ‘real’ trip to the moon, you can now channel your inner astronaut through these lunar-inspired hotels:
- Ochre Moon B&B (Djugun, Australia)
- Mira Moon (Hong Kong, SAR)
- Hotel Moonlight (London, UK)
- Moonlo Hotel (Shanghai, China)
- Half Moon (Montego Bay, Jamaica)
- Moonlight Inn Guest House (Rome, Italy)
- Humphreys Half Moon Inn (San Diego, California)
- The Beach House Hotel (Half Moon Bay, California)
- Inn at Moonlight Beach (Encinitas, California)
- Tiki Moon Villas (Laie, Hawaii)
- Moonrise Hotel (St. Louis, Missouri)
“The chance to cross a trip to the moon off their bucket list”
“The anniversary of the launch of Apollo 11 is the epic milestone of the galaxy this year,” said Katie Junod, general manager of the Hotels.com brand in North America. “And with our access to some of the most incredible ‘moons’ on planet Earth, Hotels.com wants to give travellers the chance to cross a trip to the moon off their bucket list.”