On 19 November, it was announced that Rwanda is one of the first African countries to be granted a UK travel corridor whereby travellers returning to the UK from Rwanda no longer need to quarantine for 14 days.
Flights are available to book from London Heathrow to Kigali with RwandAir, with a short stop off in Brussels where passengers remain on the aircraft meaning the travel corridor is still valid. Furthermore, Rwanda is now exempt from the Foreign Office’s blanket advisory against all non-essential international travel once the current restrictions in the UK are lifted.
In its attempt to lure more tourists, its national carrier RwandAir is offering all passengers that buy tickets from 1 November 2020 up to October 2021 automatic travel cover including COVID-19 expenses at the destination. The travel cover is valid for 31 days for one-way tickets and 90 days whilst overseas after the commencement of the trip.
Here are the benefits of the said travel cover:
- Applicable to passengers buying tickets from 1st November 2020 up to 31st October 2021
- RwandAir Travel Cover is inclusive in every RwandAir’s tickets
- Valid for 31days (One-way trip) and 90days (return trip) whilst overseas after the commencement of your trip
- Overseas Medical expenses
- Overseas quarantine allowance due to covid-19
- Delayed departure for over 6 hours
- Baggage delay for over 12 hours
- Medical repatriation Emergency
- Dental treatment Emergency
- Repatriation of Mortal remains
- Lost, stolen or damaged baggage and travel documents
- Overseas legal expenses