Sofitel celebrated across the globe as an ambassador of modern French art de vivre, announces the opening of Sofitel Haikou. This newest opening is the 23rd Sofitel Hotel open in the brand’s network across Greater China.
Sofitel Haikou is located in the provincial capital of China’s resort paradise of Hainan Island. Strategically situated in Guomao high-end central business district facing Haikou Bay, Sofitel Haikou is the latest international luxury hotel as the city’s convergence of the authentic island flavour and French artistic glamour Sofitel Haikou occupies a 37-story tower that makes up part of The Form mixed-use complex.
It is well nestled in the city’s core CBD with convenient transportation nearby and direct access to The Form Square shopping mall and high-end office buildings. The tourist and leisure attractions nearby include bucolic Evergreen Park, the historic Qilou Old Street, Hainan Museum, and Hainan Convention Exhibition Centre. The Haikou High Speed Train East Station is a 15-minute drive from the hotel, while Meilan International Airport is 30 minutes away by car.
Gary Rosen, chief executive officer, Accor Greater China, said: “Sofitel Haikou offers the latest signature features of the Sofitel brand and is the only international luxury hotel in the city rooted in French art de vivre giving guests destination with a great deal of opportunities to connect with cultural and lifestyle-oriented experiences. With the continued development of Hainan Free Trade Zone the island will continue to realise enormous success Sofitel Haikou will serve an important ambassador in supporting the acceleration and development of the city’s business and leisure sectors.”
Sofitel Haikou’s interior design is helmed by Hong Kong-based hospitality experts CCD (Cheng Chung Design), with garden design by Singapore’s Belt Collins. The hotel offers 209 modern guestrooms and suites ranging from 45 to 67 square meters in size. Each well-appointed room features floor to ceiling windows with stunning sea or city views. The chic décor includes a vibrant orange-based color palette with smart room technology. Featuring the signature Sofitel MyBed™, the sensory experience includes a choice of designer pillows and aromatherapy scents inspired by the locale. Bathroom amenities feature luxury French brands Lanvin and Hermès for exquisite bath and shower experiences.
Sofitel Haikou caters to every gastronomic whim with six restaurants and bar:
- All-day restaurant Keen Zeen will tempt appetites with live cooking stations, international buffets and a la carte menus focusing on Chinese including Hainanese as well as French favourites.
- Le Chinois specialises in Cantonese cuisine with local welcome drinks and 13 private dining rooms for business or celebrative occasions.
- Lemon 1900 Bistro & Bar offers a beautiful sea view from the 36th floor alongside its Mediterranean flair, three private dining rooms and the main area perfect for parties.
- Garden Bar & Terrace is a sophisticated way to enjoy inventive cocktails, choice wine, scrumptious snacks and barbecue dishes under the stars, complimented by a roster of live evening events.
- Le Lounge on the 35th floor invites guests to kick back with tea, coffee, wine, spirits and decadent nibbles such as afternoon tea while taking in the panoramic views.
- Executive lounge Club Millésime on the 33rd floor offers an exclusive enclave for check-in, business meetings or romantic drinks within a charming environment.
For those celebrating weddings or hosting business functions, Sofitel Haikou offers 660 square meters of function spaces with natural lighting and most with LED screens. The nine-meter high ceiling grand ballroom with its gold accented décor is equipped with state-of-the-art audio and video technology. Guests can enjoy Sofitel Magnifique Meetings and Events customised services to make the most out of their function.
Wellness lovers will enjoy Sofitel Fitness’ yoga room, spinning room, Technogym equipment and both indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Those who prefer to pamper themselves can indulge at Sofitel Spa, which offers fine French brands and treatments in seven stylish spa suites.