The Travel Corporation (TTC) and its guided vacations brands (Trafalgar, Luxury Gold, Insight Vacations, Contiki and Costsaver) have announced their newly enhanced COVID-19 related protocols and hygiene standards for all of its guided holidays once domestic and international travel resumes.
TTC’s executive and operations team members have spearheaded a complete review of the sanitation and hygiene measures around guests’ experiences and interactions while on their guided holidays, from the moment they meet their Travel Directors and Trip Managers to travelling on state-of-the-art coaches, the hotels they will stay in and the immersive excursions they will experience on each trip.
“At TTC, as a family-owned and run business for the past 100 years, we have always taken the well-being and peace of mind of our guests and every team member as our top priority,” said Brett Tollman, chief executive of The Travel Corporation. “As we adapt to this new world, our dedicated, diligent TTC team members across the globe are preparing and will be implementing enhanced training, procedures and numerous new measures throughout our various guest experiences offered, with the very best possible care and service. These new protocols will be adapted and adjusted as needed, in a timely manner, as governments define and implement what will be required in each country,” he concluded.
The new protocols are in accordance with the guidance of the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Expertly trained travel directors – TTC’s Travel Directors and Trip Managers will be trained in these new and enhanced hygiene and physical distancing procedures. They will operate caring duty of care and will monitor the hygiene etiquette of guests during their trips, reacting and advising as needed to ensure high standards are maintained. Also, they will have new preventative measures in place to try and ensure guests’ well-being and in the event that any unexpected issues arise on trip, they will activate additional protocols.
- A full team of support 24/7 – TTC’s operations and guest support teams are in contact with them and on call 24/7, so Travel Advisors and their clients can rest assured that they are in good hands.
- Stringent on the road protocols – TTC’s coaches are sanitized before the start of each trip and have always been kept to very high standards. Drivers will now be trained with the latest hygiene protocols and will clean and disinfect all surfaces including handrails, door handles, tables, seats, air-conditioning filters and overhead lockers on a daily basis. All of TTC’s guests will be asked to follow hygiene practices recommended by the World Health Organization including the thorough and regular washing of hands and sanitizing when required. Hand sanitizer is freely available on board for the guests to use throughout the day. Guests will be encouraged to bring their own washable face mask and gloves (as these are required to be worn in public in some countries, and on many airlines now), and to bring additional hand sanitizer with them. In addition, should an unexpected situation arise, additional face masks, rubber gloves, antiviral sprays and wipes will be readily available for guests on all trips.
- Trusted partners, exceptional partners – The Travel Corporation is very selective in who they work with and choose to only use hotels, restaurants, ground handlers and venues that take the health and well-being of their guests as seriously as TTC does.
- Physical distancing – TTC will be adapting to the right size groups, based on government distancing requirements. Travellers can be rest assured that they will travel with the comfort of their own personal space and have peace of mind that all of the experiences, hotels and restaurants they will enjoy on their trip have been vetted to ensure they adhere to physical distancing and hygiene guidelines required in each jurisdiction.
- Smaller groups, more personal space –With Luxury Gold’s and Insight Vacations’ smaller groups and customized coaches with fewer seats, guests not only enjoy twice the legroom of a standard coach but also more personal space on board.
- In the know –As part of The Travel Corporation (TTC), each travel brand is kept up to date with government advisories and travel alerts and is continually in touch with their partners on the ground in each destination.
TTC will be hosting agent training webinars on the future of travel and these newly enhanced protocols to assist agents in preparing for our new world. Travel Advisors will receive updates from their Sales Managers with dates and session times to register for these webinars.