As scheduled Vietnam fully reopened to international tourists last Tuesday, 15 March 2022. In order to reopen tourism safely and efficiently the following guidelines were released by the Government and the Prime Minister:
- Travellers who wish to visit the country will only need to present a negative Covid-19 test certificate using RT-PCR/RT-LAMP method done within 72 hours before departure from country of origin or a RAT (Rapid Antigen Test) done within 24 hours from departure
- Travellers who are unable to take the test before arrival is required to undergo testing at the border gate before entry using the same above-mentioned method
At the border gate, if you have signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (a fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or difficult breathing, muscle or body aches – fatigue – chills, new loss of taste or smell, etc.), be sure to immediately notify the health authority at the border gate to take medical measures as prescribed.
- If the test result is negative travellers are allowed to leave their accommodation and proceed with their travel plans
- If the test result returns positive, travellers are required to undergo quarantine and follow the regulations of the health authority
- Children under 2 years old are exempted from the mandatory testing
- Travellers are required to install and use Vietnam’s health declaration application (PC-COVID) before entry
- Travellers must have travel insurance that covers COVID-19 treatment with a minimum liability of USD10,000
- During the 10 days from the date of entry, travellers are requested to continue to self-monitor and follow minimum health standards (wear a medical face mask and disinfect hands regularly). Travellers who are experiencing signs and symptoms of Covid-19 must notify the nearest medical facility
- Visa Exemption – citizens of the following countries are granted visa-free entry for 15 days: Germany, France, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, Russia, Japan, South Korea, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland and Belarus
- E-Visa – citizens of eligible countries may apply for 30-day single-entry e-visa.
List of countries
- Other nationals not in the list may contact us for approval letter for visa at embassy