Hotelbeds Group, the leading bedbank worldwide and provider of business-to-business services to the global travel industry, has confirmed the new departmental structure of its Bedbank business as part of the integration of Tourico Holidays and GTA into the Group.
- New structure for Bedbank following integrations of Tourico Holidays and GTA
- Roles taken by existing senior management from all three companies plus external hire
- Department leaders will be members of Executive Committee
Following a strategic review a new departmental structure has been created with the following functions: commercial strategy, strategic partnerships, global business services, product management, retail travel agencies, wholesale, and sourcing.
Leading these areas as of the beginning of this year are as follows:
- Asi Ginio, director of commercial strategy & strategic partnerships. Asi joins from Tourico Holidays where he was most recently CEO.
- Alex Brändle, director global business services. Alex joins from GTA where he was the SVP of Business Transformation.
- Peter Mansour, director of product management. Peter joins from outside of the Group and has worked in senior roles at companies such as Microsoft and eBay.
- Alistair Roger, director of retail travel agencies. Alistair very recently joined GTA from Laterooms, where he was chief commercial officer.
- Sam Turner, director wholesale & sourcing. Sam has been with Hotelbeds for many years and was previously the director of sales.
- Gareth Matthews will continue as the director marketing & communications for the Group, with his scope now increased to include the Tourico Holidays and GTA brands. Additionally he will take on responsibility for sponsorship partnerships.
Carlos Muñoz (main picture), MD for Bedbank, Hotelbeds Group said, “In just over three months the integration has progressed significantly. Cross-selling is already underway across the various businesses and already we´re recruiting an additional 200 roles in the Contracting and Yield teams – who will fulfill our objective of directly contracting 10,000 new hotels over the coming three years. And I´m very proud to be able to confirm that together we are the global B2B bed bank leader with over 170,000 hotels and over 60,000 travel intermediary clients.
“With this new enhanced structure and strengthened team we feel best placed to ensure our partners will continue receiving the best possible service and products, under the best terms and conditions. I look forward to providing further updates on our ambitious plans for our Bedbank in due course.”
A complete list of executive committee members can be found here.