Focusing on the technology and interior build of the underwater vessel, the images give a glimpse into the future of where the cruise experience is heading. which, from its sci-fi style looks, means only one thing…the world of tomorrow!
Customised to Scenic’s specific needs, the sub has been kitted out with sightseeing in mind and capable of diving to a depth of 300 metres with seating for up to six guests plus the pilot. On top of which the precise and responsive manoeuvrability of Scenic Neptune will provide guests with an incredible experience as the craft glides through the ocean’s three-dimensional environment.
Scenic Neptune key designs and features include:
- The specially commissioned design meets international design standards and provides unmatched comfort, space and style, with maximum legroom and headroom while keeping overall weight and size to a minimum.
- Scenic Neptune’s acrylic spheres are constructed from a material which has the same refraction index as seawater; therefore it visually disappears underwater and provides a very open and spacious feeling.
- Controls are designed for ease of management with the standard UIS (U-Boat Worx Information System) and display all pertinent information to the pilot via a large touchscreen monitor.
- Internal climate control and a surround sound music system form part of the fine detailing, together with the optimum ergo dynamics to facilitate ease of boarding and disembarking.
- The design consists of a three-person pod on the front and at the back of the sub for a total of six guests plus the pilot. The seats are mounted on a platform that can swivel 280 degrees to allow viewing from both sides of the submarine and strong exterior lights will allow guests to take in the colours and details of wrecks and other underwater sights.
- Multiple safety features are incorporated into the design at every stage and include features such as automatically resurfacing in the unlikely event of a power outage.