Following the €39 million (£34 million) refurbishment of its luxury liner Queen Victoria last year, luxury cruise company Cunard have announced the Vista-class cruise liner will be heading to Ireland in Summer 2018 when it undertakes its maiden call to Killybegs for the first time this May.
Angus Struthers, VP of marketing for Cunard, said: “Cunard is dedicated to providing our guests with unforgettable experiences and this voyage will certainly deliver that. We are delighted that we will be able to offer unprecedented views of some of the most remote and breath-taking locations in and around Ireland, all whilst our guests enjoy the comfort and luxury of a Cunard Queen. As Queen Victoria prepares to dock in Killybegs for the very first time, guests will be able to enjoy the awe-inspiring Slieve League cliffs of Donegal, a truly unforgettable moment.”
The refurbished Queen Victoria features an increased passenger capacity of 2,081 (up from 1,988), a new Britannia Club, restaurant, new Chartroom and restyled Winter Garden – a well as a new outdoor pool sun deck.
Britannia Club staterooms feature a private balcony and are decorated in a range of colourways reflecting the ship’s theme of British heritage and finished with luxurious fittings and furnishings, including lush carpets underfoot and flat screen HD televisions. On top of that – passengers who opt for the Queens Grill suites will also find themselves doted on by their own personal butler.
Queen Victoria – Ireland and UK sailing schedule – May 2018
- Saturday, May 12th – Southampton, United Kingdom
- Sunday, May 13th – At Sea
- Monday, May 14th – Cork, Ireland
- Tuesday, May 15th – Dublin, Ireland
- Wednesday, May 16th – Glasgow, Scotland
- Thursday, May 17th – Isle of Sky Sail-By
- Friday, May 18th – Kirkwall, Orkney Islands
- Saturday, May 19th – Portree, Scotland
- Sunday, May 20th – Killybegs, Ireland
- Monday, May 21st – Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Tuesday, May 22nd – Liverpool, United Kingdom
- Wednesday, May 23rd – South Cornwall Sail-By
- Thursday, May 24th – St Peter Port, Guernsey
- Friday, May 25th – Southampton, United Kingdom
For further information please visit www.cunard.co.uk or call 0344 338 8650