Following the signing CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion (CEO Action )the Expedia Group has today announced the launch of a new sub-group within the CEO Action scheme.
Described in a written statement from Expedia as a way of, “bringing travel leaders together to cultivate diverse and inclusive environments and impact positive change”.
“An amazing opportunity to bring the world within reach and champion change”
The CEO Action pledge includes four commitments: to create and share strategic inclusion and diversity plans with our board of directors; to share best—and unsuccessful—practices; to implement and expand unconscious bias education; and to continue to make our workplaces trusting places to have complex, and sometimes difficult, conversations about diversity and inclusion.
“A diverse workforce creates a more creative, more productive environment with increased trust and less fear – an environment where employees, and in turn, the companies, thrive,” said Melissa Maher, chief inclusion officer and senior vice president, marketing and industry engagement, Expedia Group. “As travel leaders, we have an amazing opportunity to bring the world within reach and champion change in our industry and in our companies, committing to making our industry a better, more inclusive environment.”
Globally, the company achieved gender pay parity across men and women in equivalent roles, and 52% of the company’s total employees are female. The company has also been focused on a diversity and gender-equality journey aimed at ensuring all employees feel like they belong and are empowered to reach their full potential.
The sub-group, which will be comprised of a broad range of multinational companies, will focus on:
- Promoting allyship, intersectionality, inclusive language and inclusive workplaces
- Hosting deep dives and training on topics that are key priorities for travel companies, including accessibility, LGBTQ+ travel, diversity marketing, gender balance and cultural competency
- Arranging roundtable and video conference discussions to convene participants regularly
- Coordinating research to highlight the current state of diversity and inclusion within the travel industry
- Promoting diversity and inclusion conversations at industry events
Here at TD, we put our best efforts to provide the latest and most valuable content to our readers. It is a true labour of love - where we work hundreds of hours each month - to make sure we offer meaningful content. If you value what we do, please consider a donation of any amount.
This would mean the world to us! Thank you and click here to proceed!