Thai Airways International Public Company Limited has continued to organise a networking conference under the theme “THAI Networking: Discover Brand New Sky” attended by key overseas travel agencies from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh to ensure the airline’s readiness to welcome travellers from around the world. Mastercard was the official sponsor of this event with other prominent sponsors such as Jim Thompson, Tourism Authority of Thailand and ERB. The event was presided over by Mr. Nond Kalinta, THAI Chief Commercial Officer, THAI and THAI Smile Management executives along with notable faces from Thailand’s Travel Trade and Tourism partners such as TAT, TCEB, and ATTA at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers.
THAI is ready to move forward to regain confidence and trust amongst overseas travel agencies and partners, especially those from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh who represent an important revenue share to THAI. The conference further highlights THAI’s readiness as the national carrier with a focus on the areas of sales, marketing and revenue strategies to coincide with the Government’s policy to welcome back tourists to the country. All participants were introduced to THAI’s new products and services as well as proactive business updates. THAI’s key pillar marketing strategies were highlighted as follows:
- Feasible Products & Improved Services: Viable selections of aircraft will coincide with destinations to generate revenue and sustainable benefits. THAI is also working in close cooperation with Star Alliance, partner airlines and THAI Smile Airways to effectively enhance route network for both international and domestic destinations. The participants were also updated with increasing numbers of ticket reservations in European, India, Pakistan and Bangladesh destinations that were 55% higher in April than in March 2022.
- Revenue & Inventory Management: Sales distribution will be further enhanced through collaboration with travel agencies and online channels. The pricing will be more simplified, salable and competitive for all potential customers segments with variety of selections.
- Cargo Revenue Lead: THAI Cargo plans to increase production in all potential markets as well as to explore new potential customers. Partnership opportunities will also be leveraged. During the past year, THAI Cargo has been continually productive. Its revenue is higher than the same period in the previous year.
- Cost Efficiency Distribution Channels: THAI increases its efficiency in revenue generations with a focus on high-potential destinations through strategic sales and marketing plans. Suvanarbhumi Airport will be a connectivity hub of Thailand domestic destinations to Australia, northern, southern and southeast Asia, through THAI Smile Airways, and to Europe and western Asia. THAI recently announced its Summer Flight Schedule 2022 which includes 34 destinations worldwide. Recently, THAI announced its operation enroute Bangkok – Denpasar v.v. starting 1 May 2022 onwards. THAI will also operate flights on the route Bangkok – Jeddah v.v. which will be effective from 19 August 2022 onwards in response to the resumption of Thailand-Saudi Arabia relations. The new service will help enhance economic and tourism sectors of both countries as Saudi Arabia is the connecting hub of the Middle East for Indochina, Australia, and Southeast Asia travelers.
- Customer & Marketing: Customer centric approach with seamless differentiation is a core component and key integral factor when designing THAI’s products and services. New products and services will also be introduced through every moment during their smooth as silk journey. Digital Marketing will be extensively utilized based on customer network core behaviours to ensure a better experience to access, engage, personalize, connect, and collaborate. This will be implemented with improved always-on content, social media harmonization and a modern personalization service platform. THAI launched the new customer service TG Chatbot “MAI” (Management Assistant Information), an auto-response system, on its website and other social media platforms including LINE and Facebook to provide more information distribution channels as well as to support growing travel demands.
THAI recently welcomed three Boeing 777-300ER aircraft into its flee. The three aircraft, with Royal First Class cabin, will help enhance fleet competency and accommodate an increase in air travel demand. Boeing 777-300ER is a wide-bodied aircraft with spacious cabin, equipped with state-of-the-art technology. The aircraft is fuel-efficient and has been designed to be environmental-friendly products to help reduce carbon emissions. The aircraft can accommodate a total of 303 passengers with the latest selection of inflight entertainment. THAI utilizes the three Boeing 777-300ERs for operations on the Bangkok-London route commencing at the end of April 2022.
In addition, new products and services will also be introduced such as exclusive privileges for Royal Orchid Plus members, pre-selected meals service for Royal Silk Class passengers and enhanced inflight entertainment. THAI is also collaborating with Doi Tung, the Mae Fah Luang Foundation, to reflect our effort to support and commit to sustainable change through the creation of “Black Silk Blend,” the special coffee exclusively blended for THAI, which will be served onboard for Royal Silk Class passengers. In addition, THAI in collaboration with KanVela, a local artisan chocolatier brand, serves globally acclaimed KanVela craft chocolate to Royal First and Royal Silk passengers. Receiving prestige from International Chocolate and Academy of Chocolate awards, KanVela chocolate is cultivated and harvested from sustainable sources by local agricultural farmers and processed by expert “Artisan Chocolatiers”.