UK serviced apartment sector gears up for record-breaking 2017
Contributors are not employed, compensated or governed by TD, opinions and statements are from the contributor directly
The Association of Serviced Apartment Providers (ASAP) has predicted record growth in the sector this year with 2,600 new units set to open in the UK in 2017, a 13.8% increase on current stock.
Key new openings include:
- Staycity Aparthotels have 2 significant new aparthotels opening in the UK this year: a new aparthotel in Manchester with 182 apartments and their new aparthotel in London’s Covent Garden with 106 apartments, which will see the launch of their new deluxe city centre brand;
- CitySuites Manchester have just this month opened with 237 apartments; the property also offers a swimming pool and a 24-hour gym;
- Marlin Apartments will be opening their new London aparthotel at London’s Waterloo this summer with 238 apartments; it will also offer meeting rooms, a bar and ground floor shops;
- Grange Hotels are opening an all-suite hotel in London late 2017 with 270 suites and apartments in an iconic location overlooking the Tower of London and Tower Bridge;
- SACO The Serviced Apartment Company continue the rollout of their new Locke aparthotel brand with their opening in Edinburgh this year with 72 units;
- Lateral City are opening 50 new luxury apartments in Edinburgh later this year, part of the Grand Central redevelopment;
- CityStay Milton Keynes will be launching their first aparthotel (Platinum House) in Milton Keynes with 58 apartments this spring.
James Foice, CEO of the ASAP, commented: “It’s fantastic to see such strong confidence in our serviced apartment sector with so many significant new openings by our members this year including a number of sizeable aparthotels. And it’s especially good to see that the expansion is happening in key cities right across the UK including Manchester, Edinburgh and London, as the consumer demand for serviced apartments continues to increase.”
Comments are closed.